[November 2017] Highly cited researcher
We are included in the list of “Highly Cited Researchers” again by Clarivate Analytics. Cheers!
[November 2017] Crumple or not to crumple?
Andrew’s story challenging earlier results about graphene oxide’s configurations in water, first drafted >6 years ago, is finally published in ACS Omega with open access. Cheers!
[October 2017] Yige becomes Professor Zhou
Yige starts her new position as Professor of Chemistry at Hunan University. Congratulations, Prof. Zhou!
[October 2017] Xiaojiao becomes Professor Zhu
Xiaojiao returns to USTC to defense her PhD thesis, and accepts a position as Associate Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at Anhui University. Congratulations, Prof. Zhu!
[September 2017] Commentary on graphene coatings
After nearly one year’s review, Chenlong and Alane’s Commentary piece on the hypothesis, problems and potential solutions regarding anti-corrosion applications of graphene coatings is published in Nature Nanotechnology. Cheers!
[More 2017 happenings]
- PhD students Haiyue Huang and Sarah Schlossberg join the group. Welcome!
- Visiting Student Ga-Young Kim joins the group from Kyushu University, Japan. Welcome!
- Visiting Prof. Bruce Shih-Hsun Chen joins the group from National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Welcome!
- Visiting Prof. Hongfei Cheng joins the group from China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing). Welcome!
- Kevin Chiou passed his qualifier exam. Cheers!
- Alane Lim passed her qualifier exam. Cheers!
- Prof. Huang completed his 3 year service as the Chair of Graduate Admission. Back to full time research and teaching!
- SJTU-NU joint MS student Lingye Zhou completed her MS course and submitted a paper on her research at Northwestern. Well done!
- SJTU-NU joint MS student Wei Hao submitted a paper on his research at Northwestern. Well done!
- Lily Mao successfully defended her thesis. Congratulations, Dr. Mao!
- Andrew Koltonow successfully defended his thesis. Congratulations, Dr. Koltonow!
[February 2017] Northwestern Engineering students awarded for class projects
A story about Daniel Hickox-Young and Luke Prestowitz’s “PolySketch Pen“.
[February 2017] Victor becomes Prof. Souza
Dr. Victor Hugo Rodrigues de Souza completes his postdoc stay and accepts the position as Associate Professor at the Faculty of Sciences and Technologies (FACET) in Federal University of Grande Dourado (UFGD), Brazil. Congratulations, Professor Souza!
[February 2017] MSE 337 students invited to NSF-KAUST conference
Daniel Hickox-Young and Luke Prestowitz’s DIY project in MSE 337 “Polysketch Pen” has won the DIY Electronics Innovation Contest at the NSF-KAUST conference. It also won them a trip to attend the conference in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Very well done, and very proud of you and other brilliants young minds in 337!
[January 2017] Humboldt Prize
Jiaxing is awarded the Humboldt Research Award. Wir freuen uns auf die Zusammenarbeit mit Wissenschaftlern in Deutschland!
[December 2016] Dr. Tao becomes Prof. Tao
Dr. Ying Tao completes her postdoc stay and starts her position as Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering in Tianjin University, China. Congratulations, Professor Tao!
[December 2016] PhD defense
Deepti successfully defended her thesis. Congratulations, Dr. Krishan!
[November 2016] Highly cited researcher
Jiaxing has been named a “Highly Cited Researchers” in Chemistry again by Thompson Reuters/Clarivate Analytics. Cheers!
[September 2016] APCI fellowship for Xuan
Xuan is awarded the Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI) graduate fellowship. Cheers!
[August 2016] Alex goes to Apple
[August 2016] Most cited researcher in materials science and engineering
Northwestern tops the list of most cited researchers in materials science and engineering based on Elsevier’s Scopus data. We are included in the list. Cheers!
[March 2016] 2D nanofluidics
[February 2016] PNAS cover: Crumpled paper balls on a surface
[January 2016] PhD defense
Alex successfully defended his thesis. Congratulations!
[December 2015] Self-dispersed lubricant additive
Xuan’s paper is accepted by PNAS. Cheers!
[December 2015] ECS award for former PhD student
Jiayan Luo (PhD 2013, currently Professor of Chemical Engineering at Tianjin University) is going to receive the 2016 SES Research Nanocarbon Young Investigator Award from the Electrochemical Society, for his past and current work on nanocarbon. Congratulations!
[December 2015] MRS awards for current and former group members
Che-Ning received MRS Graduate Student Gold Award at Boston. Well done and congratulations!
Former undergraduate researcher Zhibo Zhao (currently in MIT) also received a Best Poster Award. Congratulations!
[December 2015] Highly cited researcher in chemistry
Jiaxing has been named a “Highly Cited Researcher” in Chemistry again by Thompson Reuters. Cheers!
[September 2015] Women in Nanoscience